Today I’m sharing a fun, textured, colorful amigurumi doll dress free pattern and step-by-step video tutorial. This quick project is crocheted in a single piece and the only sewing that needs to be done is to secure the small buttons used to secure the crochet dress to the doll. This is a removable dress so that little kids can have fun dressing up their crocheted dolls in different outfits. Be sure to check out the list below of other crochet doll clothes patterns available for free on my blog.
Pin This Free Pattern to Save It For Later Save It
*This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases made through these links. All opinions are my own.*
This pattern is Week 25 of the Amigurumi Advent Calendar CAL and is designed to fit my Advent Amy crochet doll pattern, which is a 10-inch doll however, it can fit many of the other free crochet doll patterns that I have available here on my blog. Other free amigurumi doll patterns available are: My Pal Pascal, My Dolly Molly & My Girl Pearl. Read more about the CAL at the CAL Homepage.
Missed the previous weeks of the CAL? No problem! You can start any time and there are already a lot of other free doll clothes patterns available – all with step-by-step video tutorials:
- Week 1: Learn how to crochet an easy doll with this amigurumi crochet doll tutorial for the legs and body.
- Week 2: Learn how to crochet the doll’s head and an easy hair cap for our dolls.
- Week 3: Learn how to crochet the doll’s arms, how to embroider eyelashes and a
nose on amigurumi, add blush to your doll and how to make our DIY advent calendars
- Week 4: Learn how to crochet a tank top for your amigurumi doll
- Weeks 5 & 6: Learn how to crochet doll shoes and a simple skirt for your doll
- Week 7: Learn how to crochet a t-shirt for your doll
- Week 8: Learn how to crochet overalls for your doll
- Week 9: Learn how to crochet a scarf for your doll
- Week 10: Learn how to make a hat for your doll with this crochet doll hat pattern
- Week 11: How to Crochet mini backpack for dolls
- Week 12: How to make a crochet doll dress
- Week 13 & 14: How to crochet doll shorts and pants
- Week 15: How to crochet a mini teddy bear
- Week 16: How to crochet a doll poncho
- Week 17: Crochet Tiered Top for Doll
- Week 18: How to Crochet a Doll Romper
- Week 19: Easy Crochet Doll Boots
- Week 20: Crochet Doll Sun Hat
- Week 21: Ruffled Crochet Doll Shirt
- Week 22: Ruffled Crochet Doll Skirt
- Week 23: Bell Sleeved Crochet Doll Dress Pattern
- Week 24: Crochet Doll Sweater
And there are more doll garments and accessories to come! Make sure to follow me on social media or join my email list to be notified when more free patterns for crocheted doll outfits, adorable accessories and easy crochet projects become available.
How to Crochet This Amigurumi Doll Dress:
This amigurumi doll dress is crocheted from the top-down. That means that we are starting at the neckline of the dress and working our way down to the bottom of the dress. This little dress uses two different colors to create some striping for visual interest and then we will use a picot single crochet stitch at the bottom of the dress to create little bobbles. This little detail creates a pop of texture at the bottom of the dress and differentiates the skirt of the dress from the body.
Where Can I Get a Printable Copy of this Pattern?
- You can purchase an inexpensive ad-free crochet PDF pattern with all three parts of the doll together in one convenient pdf file in my Ravelry and Etsy shop OR
- Buy the Amigurumi Advent Calendar CAL Bundle in my Ravelry or Etsy shops and get this pattern and all the CAL patterns in printable bundle files.
Important Note About The Supply List for this Project:
The supply list shown for this pattern shows the materials needed for Weeks 19 – 27 of the Amigurumi Advent Calendar Crochet Along. Not all materials will be used this week but you will need them in order to complete the remaining patterns in the CAL.
Ways to Customize this Amigurumi Doll Dress:
If you’ve made any of my doll clothing before, you know I love to share some suggestions for you to customize the pieces you’re crocheting. Here are a few easy ways to customize this free crochet pattern to put your own spin on it:
- Repeat the alternating bobble and SC rows to create a longer dress to your skirt
- Omit the stripes in the bodice of the dress and make it in a single color
- Create the skirt in a different color from the bodice
- Add a row (or two) of the color used for the stripes at the bottom of the skirt to add a pop of color.
Other Free Amigurumi Patterns to Check Out Next
Feel free to sell the item created by this pattern but please provide pattern credit back to me when posting online, and please provide a link to my blog: https://www.theloopylamb.com. This pattern is for personal use only. Please do not resell, distribute, duplicate, or share this pattern in any printed or digital form, or claim this pattern as your own original design. Please do not use my photos when selling your finished items.
- Easy Skill Level
- US Terms
- E / 3.5 mm Crochet Hook (or whatever crochet hook size needed to match gauge) <— Save 15% on qualifying purchases at Furls Crochet through this link using the code LOOPYLAMB15 at the checkout.
- Brava Worsted Weight Yarn (100% Premium Acrylic, Worsted Weight (4), 218yds/200m, 100g/3.5oz), 1 skein each of:
- Colour A: Cream (or preferred skin colour)
- Colour B: White
- Colour C: Brindle (or preferred hair colour)
- Colour D: Mulberry
- Colour E: Lady Slipper
- Colour F: Denim
- Colour G: Black
- Colour H: Cotton Candy
- Colour I: Dove Heather
- Colour J: Freesia
- Colour K: Seraphim
- Colour L: Rouge
- Colour M: Marina
- Colour N: Almond
- Colour O: Red
- 14 – 9 mm Buttons in preferred colour(s)
- Polyester Stuffing
- 1 – 3/8” Pom Pom Maker or a piece of cardboard
- Tapestry Needle / Yarn Needle
- Multiple Stitch Markers
- Sewing Thread and Needle
- BLO = Back Loop Only
- CH = Chain
- CH SP = Chain Space
- DC = Double Crochet
- DCINC = Double Crochet Increase
- FLO = Front Loop Only
- FO = Finish Off
- HDC = Half Double Crochet
- MC = Magic Circle / Magic Ring
- PSC = Picot Single Crochet
- RS = Right Side
- SC = Single Crochet
- SCDEC = Single Crochet Decrease
- SCINC = Single Crochet Increase
- SK = Skip
- SL ST = Slip Stitch
- SP(s) = Space(s)
- ST = Stitch
- WS = Wrong Side
Special Techniques and Stitches:
- Invisible Finish/Join: FO leaving a long tail. Thread the tail onto a tapestry needle. Place the tapestry needle through the top of the 2nd ST from front to back and pull through. Place tip of needle into top of the last ST of the round, under the back loop of the stitch, and pull through to the back of the work. Weave in the end. Learn how to do this with my invisible finish/join tutorial.
- Picot Single Crochet (PSC): Insert hook into indicated stitch, yarn over hook and pull through stitch. Yarn over and pull through one loop on the hook three times. Yarn over and pull through both loops on the hook. Learn how to do this with my Picot Single Crochet Tutorial.
- Clothing to fit Advent Amy Doll which is approximately 10.5” tall.
- Clothing: 4 sts across x 6 rows = 1” square.
- Gauge is important for ensuring that all of the parts of your doll fit appropriately. If you don’t plan to match gauge, ensure that you maintain a consistent tension throughout your project.
- Most of the pieces are worked back and forth in turned rows, unless noted. Read instructions for each piece carefully before starting to crochet.
- For pieces worked in continuous rounds, a stitch marker is used to mark the first ST of the round and is moved up in each consecutive round.
You can purchase an inexpensive ad-free PDF version of this pattern with all three parts of the doll together + 1 outfit in one convenient file in my Ravelry and Etsy shops
Buy the Amigurumi Advent Calendar CAL Bundle in my Ravelry or Etsy shops and get printable versions of all of the CAL patterns at once.
Easy, Colorful Amigurumi Doll Dress Step-by-Step Video Tutorial
Advent Amy Bobble Dress
Using Colour D, CH 24.
Row 1: SC in the 7th CH from the hook and each remaining CH across. (18 STs & CH-6 loop for buttonhole)
Row 2: CH 1 and turn. (SC 2, SCINC) x 6. (24)
Change to Colour L
Row 3: CH 1 and turn. (SC 3, SCINC) x 6. (30)
Row 4: CH 1 and turn. SC 3, CH 7, SK 8, SC 8, CH 7, SK 8, SC 3. (14 STs & 2 CH-7 SPs)
Row 5: CH 1 and turn. SC in each ST and CH across. (28)
Row 6: CH 1 and turn. SC 13, SCINC, SC 14. (29)
Change to Colour D
Row 7: CH 1 and turn. SC 13, SCINC, SC 15. (30)
Row 8: CH 1 and turn. (SC 4, SCINC) x 6. (36)
Row 9: CH 6 and turn. SK 6 CHs, SC 36. (36 STs & CH-6 SP for buttonhole)
Row 10: CH 1 and turn. (SC 5, SCINC) x 6. (42)
Change to Colour L
Rows 11 – 12: CH 1 and turn. SC across. (42)
Change to Colour D
Rows 13 – 14: CH 1 and turn. SC across. (42)
Change to Colour L
Rows 15 – 16: CH 1 and turn. SC across. (42)
Change to Colour D
Row 17: CH 1 and turn. SC 3, SCINC, (SC 6, SCINC) x 5, SC 3. Join last ST to first ST with a SL ST (from here on out referred to as “Join”). (48)
Row 18: CH 1 and turn. (SC 7, SCINC) x 6. Join. (54)
Free Amigurumi Patterns to Make Adorable Stuffed Animals
Row 19: CH 1 and turn. SC across. Join. (54)
Row 20: CH 1 and turn. SC in the first and second STs, *PSC, SC, repeat from * until 2 STs remain. SC in last 2 STs. Join. (54)
Row 21: CH 1 and turn. SC across. Join. (54)
Row 22: CH 1 and turn. SC in the first ST, *PSC, SC, repeat from * until 1 ST remain. SC in last ST. Join. (54)
Row 23: CH 1 and turn. SC across. Join. (54)
Row 24: Repeat Row 20. (54)
Row 25: CH 1 and turn. SC across. Join. (54)
FO and weave in ends. If you want your dress to be longer, repeat Rows 22 – 25 until it’s the desired length. Using sewing needle and thread, sew a button on the dress, across from the CH- 6 loops from Rows 1 & 9. Use the CH-6 loop to fasten the dress closed by slipping them over the buttons once on the doll.
I hope that you enjoyed this colorful amigurumi doll dress free pattern and tutorial. You voted and decided that our next Amigurumi Advent Calendar CAL will be to crochet some boy dolls! Join my newsletter to be kept up-to-date on when the next free crochet along starts and when other free crochet patterns are released: Join my free newsletter here.
I’d love to see your beautiful finished project! Share your adorable doll sporting their new amigurumi doll dress with me on social media by tagging me @theloopylamb or using #theloopylambCAL in your posts.
Join The Loopy Lamb Crochet Community Facebook Group to connect with other crafty friends and share your fabulous projects made with this free crochet doll skirt pattern! Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing.
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/TheLoopyLamb
YouTube: The Loopy Lamb YouTube Channel
Newsletter: Sign up for my newsletter!