Today I’m sharing my latest free crochet pattern in the Amigurumi Advent Calendar CAL and this pattern creates a cute crochet doll dress with long sleeves. The sleeves on this dress have a gradual increasing pattern that creates a subtle bell sleeve on the dress. This post includes the full free pattern as well as a step-by-step video tutorial making it accessible for beginner crocheters.
Pin This Free Pattern to Save It For Later Save It
*This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases made through these links. All opinions are my own.*
This pattern is Week 23 of the Amigurumi Advent Calendar CAL and is designed to fit my Advent Amy crochet doll pattern, which is a 10-inch doll however, it can fit many of the other free crochet doll patterns that I have available here on my blog. Read more about the CAL at the CAL Homepage.
Missed the previous weeks of the CAL? No problem! You can start any time and there are already a lot of other free crochet doll clothes patterns available – all with step-by-step video tutorials..
- Week 1: Learn how to crochet an easy doll with this amigurumi crochet doll tutorial for the legs and body.
- Week 2: Learn how to crochet the doll’s head and an easy hair cap for our dolls.
- Week 3: Learn how to crochet the doll’s arms, how to embroider eyelashes and a
nose on amigurumi, add blush to your doll and how to make our DIY advent calendars
- Week 4: Learn how to crochet a tank top for your amigurumi doll
- Weeks 5 & 6: Learn how to crochet doll shoes and a simple skirt for your doll
- Week 7: Learn how to crochet a t-shirt for your doll
- Week 8: Learn how to crochet overalls for your doll
- Week 9: Learn how to crochet a scarf for your doll
- Week 10: Learn how to make a hat for your doll with this crochet doll hat pattern
- Week 11: How to Crochet mini backpack for dolls
- Week 12: How to make a crochet doll dress
- Week 13 & 14: How to crochet doll shorts and pants
- Week 15: How to crochet a mini teddy bear
- Week 16: How to crochet a doll poncho
- Week 17: Crochet Tiered Top for Doll
- Week 18: How to Crochet a Doll Romper
- Week 19: Easy Crochet Doll Boots
- Week 20: Crochet Doll Sun Hat
- Week 21: Ruffled Crochet Doll Shirt
- Week 22: Ruffled Crochet Doll Skirt
And there are more doll garments and accessories to come! Make sure to follow me on social media or join my email list to be notified when more free patterns for crocheted doll outfits, adorable accessories and easy crochet projects become available.
How to Make a Crochet Doll Dress with Long Sleeves
This doll dress is crocheted from the neckline of the dress, down to the bottom hem of the dress. We’ll start with a contrasting yarn color in our first 2 rounds and then switch to the main color of our dress for the body of the dress and then we’ll switch back to our contrasting colour for the bottom trim. after crocheting the body of the doll dress, we’ll crochet our first sleeve and then repeat those instructions on the opposite side to create our second sleeve.
Want to customize your crochet doll dress with love sleeves? Make sure to check out my tips for customizing your dress for easy ways to make this dress your own.
Where Can I Get a Printable Copy of this Pattern?
- You can purchase an inexpensive ad-free crochet PDF pattern with all three parts of the doll together in one convenient pdf file in my Ravelry and Etsy shop OR
- Buy the Amigurumi Advent Calendar CAL Bundle in my Ravelry or Etsy shops and get this pattern and all the CAL patterns in printable bundle files.
Free Crochet Patterns to Check Out Next:
- Lara Ladybug
- Crochet Holly Christmas Coaster
- Paulie Pumpkin No-Sew pattern – includes step-by-step video tutorial!
How to Customize This Crochet Dress With Long Sleeves
I have so much fun making and designing doll clothing and I love seeing the ways that people customize their different pieces in this crochet along. Below I have included some fun and easy ways to customize your doll dresses:
- Dress it up by adding a cute little bow. Use the crochet bow that is part of the Sleepy Time Molly free pattern.
- Want to make the dress longer? Add additional rounds of single crochet in the section of Rounds 21 – 24 of the dress until it reaches your desired length.
- Prefer a short sleeve dress? Follow the instructions for the sleeves and stop crocheting when you’ve reached your desired length. Just make sure to keep track of rounds that you crochet so that you can repeat it on the other sleeve so your right sleeve and left sleeve match.
- Play with colours by adding stripes and/or making the trimmings of the dress wider (the trim is the first 2 rows and the last row of the dress as well as the last row of the sleeves).
Important Note About The Supply List for this Project:
The supply list shown for this pattern shows the materials needed for Weeks 19 – 27 of the Amigurumi Advent Calendar Crochet Along. Not all materials will be used this week but you will need them in order to complete the remaining patterns in the CAL.
Feel free to sell the item created by this pattern but please provide pattern credit back to me when posting online, and please provide a link to my blog: https://www.theloopylamb.com. This pattern is for personal use only. Please do not resell, distribute, duplicate, or share this pattern in any printed or digital form, or claim this pattern as your own original design. Please do not use my photos when selling your finished items.
- Easy Skill Level
- US Terms
- E / 3.5 mm Hook (or whatever crochet hook size needed to match gauge) <— Save 15% on qualifying purchases at Furls Crochet through this link using the code LOOPYLAMB15 at the checkout.
- Brava Worsted Weight Yarn (100% Premium Acrylic, Worsted Weight (4), 218yds/200m, 100g/3.5oz), 1 skein each of:
- Colour A: Cream (or preferred skin colour)
- Colour B: White
- Colour C: Brindle (or preferred hair colour)
- Colour D: Mulberry
- Colour E: Lady Slipper
- Colour F: Denim
- Colour G: Black
- Colour H: Cotton Candy
- Colour I: Dove Heather
- Colour J: Freesia
- Colour K: Seraphim
- Colour L: Rouge
- Colour M: Marina
- Colour N: Almond
- Colour O: Red
- 14 – 9 mm Buttons in preferred colour(s)
- Polyester Stuffing
- 1 – 3/8” Pom Pom Maker or a piece of cardboard
- Tapestry Needle / Yarn Needle
- Multiple Stitch Markers
- Sewing Thread and Needle
- BLO = Back Loop Only
- CH = Chain
- CH SP = Chain Space
- DC = Double Crochet
- DCINC = Double Crochet Increase
- FLO = Front Loop Only
- FO = Finish Off
- HDC = Half Double Crochet
- MC = Magic Circle / Magic Ring
- PSC = Picot Single Crochet
- RS = Right Side
- SC = Single Crochet
- SCDEC = Single Crochet Decrease
- SCINC = Single Crochet Increase
- SK = Skip
- SL ST = Slip Stitch
- SP(s) = Space(s)
- ST = Stitch
- WS = Wrong Side
Special Techniques and Stitches:
- Invisible Finish/Join: FO leaving a long tail. Thread the tail onto a tapestry needle. Place the tapestry needle through the top of the 2nd ST from front to back and pull through. Place tip of needle into top of the last ST of the round, under the back loop of the stitch, and pull through to the back of the work. Weave in the end. Learn how to do this with my invisible finish/join tutorial.
- Picot Single Crochet (PSC): Insert hook into indicated stitch, yarn over hook and pull through stitch. Yarn over and pull through one loop on the hook three times. Yarn over and pull through both loops on the hook. Learn how to do this with my Picot Single Crochet Tutorial.
- Clothing to fit Advent Amy Doll which is approximately 10.5” tall.
- Clothing: 4 sts across x 6 rows = 1” square.
- Gauge is important for ensuring that all of the parts of your doll fit appropriately. If you don’t plan to match gauge, ensure that you maintain a consistent tension throughout your project.
- Most of the pieces are worked back and forth in turned rows, unless noted. Read instructions for each piece carefully before starting to crochet.
- For pieces worked in continuous rounds, a stitch marker is used to mark the first ST of the round and is moved up in each consecutive round.
You can purchase an inexpensive ad-free PDF version of this pattern with all three parts of the doll together + 1 outfit in one convenient file in my Ravelry and Etsy shops
Buy the Amigurumi Advent Calendar CAL Bundle in my Ravelry or Etsy shops and get printable versions of all of the CAL patterns at once.
Crochet Doll Dress With Long Sleeves Free Pattern Step-by-Step Video Tutorial
Bell Sleeve Dress
Using Colour M, CH 30.
Row 1 (RS): SC in the 7th CH from the hook and each CH across. (24 STs & CH-6 loop for buttonhole)
Row 2: CH 1 and turn. (SC 3, SCINC) x 6. (30)
Change to Colour I
Row 3: CH 1 and turn. SC 2, SCINC, (SC 4, SCINC) x 5, SC 2. (36)
Row 4: CH 1 and turn. (SC 5, SCINC) x 6. (42)
Row 5: CH 1 and turn. SC 6, CH 7, SK 10, SC 10, CH 7, SK 10, SC 6. (22 STs & 2 CH-7 SPs)
Row 6: CH 1 and turn. SC in each ST and CH across. (36)
Row 7: CH 6 and turn. SK 6 CHs, (SC 5, SCINC) x 6. (42 STs & CH-6 loop for buttonhole)
Row 8: CH 1 and turn. SC across. (42)
Row 9: CH 1 and turn. SC 3, SCINC, (SC 6, SCINC) x 5, SC 3. (48)
Rows 10 – 19: CH 1 and turn. SC in each ST across. (48)
Round 20: CH 1 and turn. SC in each ST around. Join last ST to first ST with a SL ST (from here on out referred to as “join”).
Rounds 21 – 24: CH 1 and turn. SC in each ST around. Join. (48)
Change to Colour M
Round 25: CH 1 and turn. SC in each ST around. Join. (48)
FO and weave in ends.
Other Great Free Crochet Patterns You’ll Love
Round 1: With the right side facing you, attach yarn in Colour I to the center point in the bottom of one of the arm holes. SC 19 around the arm hole. Join. (19)
Round 2: CH 1 and turn. SC 8, SCINC, SC 10. Join. (20)
Round 3: CH 1 and turn. SC in each ST around. Join. (20)
Round 4: CH 1 and turn. SC 9, SCINC, SC 10. Join. (21)
Round 5: CH 1 and turn. SC in each ST around. Join. (21)
Round 6: CH 1 and turn. SC 10, SCINC, SC 10. Join. (22)
Round 7: CH 1 and turn. SC in each ST around. Join. (22)
Round 8: CH 1 and turn. SC 11, SCINC, SC 10. Join. (23) Change to Colour M
Round 9: CH 1 and turn. SC in each ST around. Join. (23)
FO and weave in ends. Repeat instructions for the second sleeve.
Using sewing needle and thread, sew a button on the dress, across from the CH-6 loops from Row 1 and Row 7. Use the CH-6 loop to fasten the dress closed by slipping them over the buttons once on the doll.
I hope that you enjoyed this crochet doll dress with long sleeves free pattern and tutorial. If you did, make sure to join my newsletter to be updated when new free patterns become available: Join my free newsletter here.
I’d love to see your beautiful finished project! Share your adorable doll sporting their new crochet doll dress with long sleeves with me on social media by tagging me @theloopylamb or using #theloopylambCAL in your posts.
Join The Loopy Lamb Crochet Community Facebook Group to connect with other crafty friends and share your fabulous projects made with this free crochet doll skirt pattern! Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing.
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/TheLoopyLamb
YouTube: The Loopy Lamb YouTube Channel
Newsletter: Sign up for my newsletter!