I realized a little while ago that I haven’t published a free crochet pattern for a C2C blanket yet but I’ve had the idea for this blanket kicking around in my head for some time. I decided to finally make the idea a reality and I’m thrilled with how it turned out. This is my first corner to corner blanket design and I really enjoyed creating the chart and trying out different techniques to find which corner to corner (C2C) technique that I preferred. Before getting started, check out my tips/tutorials below on how to get started with this technique and some tutorials to help you hit the ground running.
I always struggle with naming my projects and this free crochet pattern for a C2C blanket was no exception. Because the colour combination kept making me think of Greece (which is on my list of top dream destinations to travel to). I have always been fascinated by Greek mythology and while was finishing my blanket I saw one of my greek mythology texts on the shelf and considered getting it back out and revisiting a few favourites. Then I looked down at my blanket and thought “it’s all Greek to Me” and decided that would be it’s name. So now that you know some of the inspiration behind the design, let’s get into some C2C basics.
Pin This For Later Save It
You’ll love this new blanket pattern:
- Wander Often Blanket – Available in 13 different sizes
Where do I begin with Corner to Corner (C2C) Crochet?
If you’re new to corner to corner crochet check out my tutorials to learn the basics you’ll need to know in order to do this pattern. Corner to corner crochet looks much more difficult than it is. If you can do the double crochet stitch and slip stitch, then you already have the skills necessary to learn how to do C2C crochet. Before getting started, check out the tutorials I have included below to help hit the ground running with this technique.
Corner to Corner Basics: How to Crochet Corner to Corner
Changing Colours in Corner to Corner
- U.S. Terminology
Feel free to sell the item created by this simple crochet throw blanket pattern but please provide pattern credit back to me when posting online, and please provide a link to The Loopy Lamb Blog. Please do not resell, distribute, duplicate, or share this pattern in any printed or digital form, or claim this pattern as your own original design. Please do not use my photos when selling your finished items.
- 6 mm Furls crochet hook <– Save 15% on Furls Crochet through this link using the code LOOPYLAMB15 at checkout
- 1530 yards of Lion Brand ZZ Twist in White (7 balls)
- 760 yards of Lion Brand ZZ Twist in Navy (4 balls)
- Tapestry Needle
- Corner to Corner Blanket Graph
- Ruler and Pen/Pencil (Optional but helps with keeping track of progress.)
If you’re planning on buying the materials for this project, please consider doing so through this affiliate link (or the links in the supplies list). Doing this helps to support the blog at zero cost to you and allows me to continue to bring you great free crochet patterns like this one.
- CH = Chain
- ST = Stitch
- SL ST = Slip Stitch
- DC = Double Crochet
- WS = Wrong Side
- RS = Right Side
- FO = Finish Off
- Approximately 44” Long by 34” wide
- 9 squares x 9 squares = 5 inches
- To work this corner to corner (C2C) graph, begin with the box/tile in the bottom right corner of the graph. That will be your Row 1. The graph will be read from left to right and then right to left.
- Each box/tile in the graph corresponds to with one C2C cluster in your row. A C2C cluster = CH 2 + 3 DC sts.
- I recommend crossing off each row in the pattern or graph as you complete it to assist you in keeping track.
- WS and RS are labelled next to each row number on the ad-free PDF version of this pattern to indicate whether you are working with the WS or RS facing you. The arrows indicate in which direction you are working.
Check out these other free crochet blanket patterns available here:
- Holiday Snuggles Throw Blanket Pattern
- Lavender Fields Crochet Blanket Square Free Pattern
- Tranquil Tides Crochet Throw Blanket Pattern
Free Crochet Pattern for a C2C Blanket: It’s All Greek to Me C2C Blanket
I hope you enjoyed this free crochet pattern for a C2C blanket! While you’re here, check out some of my other free crochet patterns:
- Timeless Teal Chevron Blanket,
- Tranquil Tides Caron Anniversary Cakes Blanket Pattern,
- Striped Thicket Stitch Blanket,
- Mad About Boo Pillow,
- Otis the Owl,
- Salty the Seal.
- Find all my free crochet patterns HERE.
I’d love to see your finished items! Please share your finished makes by tagging the pattern on Ravelry, sharing it to our Facebook page or Instagram. Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest