Welcome back friends! It’s Part Two of our amigurumi boy doll free pattern crochet along for My Pal Pascal. I’m having so much fun with you all on this already and I hope you’re enjoying making your dolls too. Before we get into it, for those that need a reminder, here’s the crochet along details, schedule and reference for those that may need to go back and check out Part One.
The amirugumi boy doll free pattern for My Pal Pascal has been split into three parts to make creating him a little more manageable and so you can crochet along with us. Please reference the posts below for each part of the CAL and instructions.
- Part One: Legs, Body & Head
- Part Two: Arms, Nose & Hair
- Part Three: Shirt & Pants
Pin this Amigurumi Boy Doll Free Pattern for later Save
At the beginning of this week, our Pal Pascal is looking a bit like an alien. For Part Two of our amigurumi boy doll free pattern crochet along, we’ll be adding arms, hair and a nose to our pal Pascal to give him a bit more character and a more earthly appearance. Each arm is made separately and sewn onto the body, just below the neck. The nose is embroidered on simply and then the hair is crocheted as a hair cap and then sewn onto the head of our doll.
It’s been so much fun seeing everyone’s progress so far! Don’t forget that you can join in the fun with us over in The Loopy Lamb Crochet Community on Facebook and see everyone’s progress. I’m active in the group and will be available to answer any questions posed in the group as well.
If you love amigurumi patterns, I’ve got a bunch of them here for free on my blog. Here are some other free amigurumi patterns that you can find here at The Loopy Lamb:
- My Dolly Molly – this amigurumi doll pattern has several outfits!
- Free Crochet Sloth Pattern – Seth the Sloth
- Crochet Koala Free Pattern – Kaya Koala
- Amigurumi Bunny Free Pattern – Buttons the Bunny
You can purchase an inexpensive ad-free PDF version of this pattern with all three parts together in one convenient file HERE on Ravelry and HERE on Etsy.
Amigurumi Boy Doll Free Pattern: My Pal Pascal – CAL Part 2
- U.S. Terminology
- 3.5 mm Furls Crochet Hook
- Approximately 96 yards/88 m (1.6 oz/44 g) of We Crochet Brava Worsted in Almond (or preferred skin colour)
- Approximately 26 yards/38 m (0.42 oz/12 g) of We Crochet Brava Worsted in Sienna
- Approximately 35 yards/32 m (0.56 oz/16 g) of We Crochet Brava Worsted in Avocado
- Approximately 24 yards/46 m (0.39 oz/11 g) of We Crochet Brava Worsted in Solstice Heather
- 2 – 12 mm Green Safety Eyes – I used Lime Glitter Safety Eyes from Chateau Bornais Crochet
- 1 – 9mm Button in preferred colour
- Multiple Stitch Markers
- Polyester Stuffing
- Tapestry Needle
- Sewing Thread and Needle
If you’re planning on buying the materials for this project, please consider doing so through this affiliate link (or those in the supply list). It helps to support the blog at zero cost to you and allows me to continue to bring you great free crochet patterns like this one.
- CH = Chain
- FLO – Front Loops Only
- FO = Finish Off
- MC = Magic Circle
- PM = Place Marker/Stitch Marker
- SC = Single Crochet
- SCDEC = Single Crochet Decrease
- SCINC = Single Crochet Increase
- SK = Skip
- SL ST = Slip Stitch
- ST = Stitch
- Doll is approximately 9.5” tall
- Doll: 5 sts across x 7 rows = 1” square
- Clothing: 5 sts across x 7 rows = 1” square
- This pattern is worked in continuous rounds (unless stated otherwise). Do not join at the end of the row, unless indicated. A stitch marker is used to keep track of the beginning of the round.
- For a cleaner SCDEC, do your SCDEC under the front loops only of each stitch rather than under both loops. This is often referred to as an invisible decrease. Find my tutorial on how to do this HERE.
- In Round 1 of the Body, the CH 1 is counted as a ST and should be worked into in Round 2 of the body.
- Pants are created to fit snuggly on the body without the need of a button. Take care when pulling over the feet so as not to stretch out the feet and legs.
- Invisible Join: FO leaving a long tail. Thread the tail onto a tapestry needle. Place the tapestry needle through the top of the 2nd ST from front to back and pull through. Place tip of needle into top of the last ST of the round, under the back loop of the stitch, and pull through to the back of the work. Weave in the end.
Take a length of Brava Worsted in Almond and embroider a nose in Round 30 across 4 stitches. Sew over the stitches multiple times until the nose sticks out from the face slightly. FO and weave in end.
Arms (Make Two)
Round 1: Using 3.5mm hook and Brava Worsted in Almond, make a MC and SC 6 into the MC. (6)
Round 2: (SCINC) x 6 (12)
Rounds 3 – 20: SC around (12) – Add stuffing to the arms as you go.
FO leaving a long tail. Whip stitch the opening of the arm closed and sew onto the body of the doll, 1 round below the narrowest part of the neck.
Round 1: Using 3.5mm hook and Brava Worsted in Sienna, make a MC and SC 6 into the MC. (6)
Round 2: (SCINC) x 6 (12)
Round 3: (SC 1, SCINC) x 6 (18)
Round 4: SC 1, SCINC, (SC 2, SCINC) x 5, SC 1 (24)
Round 5: (SC 3, SCINC) x 6 (30)
Round 6: SC 2, SCINC, (SC 4, SCINC) x 5, SC 2 (36)
Round 7: (SC 5, SCINC) x 6 (42)
Round 8: SC 3, SCINC, (SC 6, SCINC) x 5, SC 3 (48)
Rounds 9 – 14: SC around (48)
Round 15: SC 13, CH 3, SL ST in 2nd and 3rd CHs from hook, SC in next ST of Round 14, CH 5, SL ST in 2nd and each subsequent CH, SC in the next ST of Round 14, CH 3, SL ST in 2nd and 3rd CHs from hook, SC in the next ST of Round 14, SC in each remaining ST around.
FO using Invisible Finish (see special techniques), leaving a long tail to sew onto the head. Thread tapestry needle onto tail and sew the hair onto the head to secure.
That’s it for Part Two of this amirugumi boy doll free pattern crochet along! I hope you’re enjoying making your My Pal Pascal so far! If you would like to join the My Pal Pascal Crochet Along, please join our Facebook group HERE! Next week is the final installment of our amigurumi boy doll crochet along and I can’t wait to see all of your finished dolls!
Feel free to sell the item created with this amigurumi boy doll free pattern but please provide pattern credit back to me when posting online, and please provide a link to my blog: www.theloopylamb.com. Please do not resell, distribute, duplicate, or share this pattern in any printed or digital form, claiming this pattern as your own original design. Please do not use my photos when selling your finished items. Utilizing or purchasing this pattern does not grant permission for mass production.
I’d love to see your finished items! Please share your finished makes by tagging the pattern on Ravelry, sharing it to our Facebook page or Instagram. Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheLoopyLamb
YouTube: The Loopy Lamb YouTube Channel
Newsletter: Sign up for my newsletter!